What is cloud computing?
Simply put, cloud computing is running applications on the internet.
Now as far as running your version of Lodge-ical in the "cloud" the benefits of doing so include:
- Disaster recovery and Security: Automatic backups of your code and data. Because your data is stored in the cloud, you can access it no matter what happens to one machine. Just use another available device.
- We can update you with any enhancements or bug fixes without you having to find your installation CD/DVD or download the software again.
- Work from anywhere. With a reliable internet connection you can use Lodge-ical from home, at work, waiting on your next connection at the airport, pull over at a rest area, anywhere there is a reliable internect connection. And on your laptop, phone, tablet, PC or Mac.
- Collaboration: Like on a network in your office, more than one person can use Lodge-ical at the same time.
- Where is your software hosted? Amazon Web Services which still tops Google and Microsoft as the most reliable public cloud host. Read an article about it HERE.
How do I launch Lodge-ical's cloud version? Just like with the desktop version, click an icon and you are up and running your version of Lodge-ical!